SV: Capacity of the brain

BBReynolds bbreynolds at
Sun Sep 12 23:17:51 EST 1999

In article <37dc0d72_1 at>, "Ian Young" <iyoung at> writes:

>Hell, your dog can learn to catch a frisbee pretty quick. That's a lot
>of computation there, buddy. My computer can barely draw a 3d landscape,
>much less gauge it's position in one, and then plot an intercept course
>itself and a flying object, through visual means.
>Although, my computer can do square roots pretty damned fast.
>I, however, cannot. And I bet your dog doens't even have a clue what
>a square root is.

My dalmation fails on frisbee catching, because she can never get her K&E
LogLogDuoDeciTrig sliderule to work "tooth and claw" fast enough to make the
"catch it here" calculations.

Bruce B. Reynolds, Systems Consultant:
Founder of Trailing Edge Technologies, Glenside PA and Niles IL:
Sweeping Up Behind Data Processing Dinosaurs