Neuroscience tutorials on the Web?

chriswilk at my-deja.com chriswilk at my-deja.com
Sat Apr 8 09:52:46 EST 2000

In article <38E1DAF7.55F1ECCA at mail.usyd.edu.au>,
  "Barry Manor, presumably" <bmanor at mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm looking for website that contain tutorials or easily digestible
info
> on:
>
> i)  The neurophysiological basis of visual perception
> ii) The neurophysiological basis of emotion
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> --
> Barry Manor Physiologist Cognitive Neuroscientist Biomedical Engineer.
>           PhD Student in Medicine @ University of Sydney, Australia.
>           Generally Confused, Lover of Bicycles, Bartok and Beethoven.
>           DoD #620 BMW R100GS 'Chuggy'. Turns mountains into
molehills.
> E-mail:   bmanor at mail.usyd.edu.au

I'm not sure about tutorials on the web, but the journal "annual
reviews of neuroscience" has a nice review of the physiological basis
of emotions. You can get online access to the full text article through
a university IP

Emotion Circuits in the Brain
Joseph E. LeDoux
Annu. Rev. Neurosci. 2000, Vol. 23: 155-184.
http://neuro.annualreviews.org/current.shtml

www.annualreviews.org

The university of Miami has a page that lists biopsychology,
psychophysiology and neuroscience resources:
http://www.library.miami.edu/netguides/psyphys.html

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.