Neuroscience tutorials on the Web?

chriswilk at chriswilk at
Sat Apr 8 09:52:46 EST 2000

In article <38E1DAF7.55F1ECCA at>,
  "Barry Manor, presumably" <bmanor at> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> I'm looking for website that contain tutorials or easily digestible
> on:
> i)  The neurophysiological basis of visual perception
> ii) The neurophysiological basis of emotion
> Any help would be much appreciated.
> --
> Barry Manor Physiologist Cognitive Neuroscientist Biomedical Engineer.
>           PhD Student in Medicine @ University of Sydney, Australia.
>           Generally Confused, Lover of Bicycles, Bartok and Beethoven.
>           DoD #620 BMW R100GS 'Chuggy'. Turns mountains into
> E-mail:   bmanor at

I'm not sure about tutorials on the web, but the journal "annual
reviews of neuroscience" has a nice review of the physiological basis
of emotions. You can get online access to the full text article through
a university IP

Emotion Circuits in the Brain
Joseph E. LeDoux
Annu. Rev. Neurosci. 2000, Vol. 23: 155-184.

The university of Miami has a page that lists biopsychology,
psychophysiology and neuroscience resources:

Sent via
Before you buy.