technical MCAO issues

Jennifer Zechel jlz3 at po.cwru.edu
Mon Apr 10 16:07:32 EST 2000

Hi.  I was wondering if anyone out there might be able to answer a
couple of questions for me.  I'm looking at HNE adduct ( a product of
lipid peroxidation) formation in MCAO models of ischemia.  Currently,
I'm using frozen brains that are sectioned, then lyophylized prior to
Western blot analysis.  The problem is that my sham animal is resulting
in the same bands as my experimental animals.  Is there a potential
problem with the lyophylization technique?  And if so, can anyone
suggest a better way to prepare and load these samples?

Thanks,
Jenn