Publishing activity of EU and US in Neuroscience

Ed Noyons noyons at
Tue Apr 11 03:00:45 EST 2000

In a R&D project or the EU, we created a 'landscape view' of the field
neuroscience on the basis of a bibliographic database on neuroscience.
In additional analyses it came out that there is a different focus with
respect to their publishing activity, between the EU countries on the
one side and the US on the other. While the EU (as a whole) seems to
focus more on the clinical side of the field, the US focuses more on the
fundamental side (neurophysiology, biochemistry etc.).
Before I will elaborate on this conclusion in the report, I would like
to get some comments or feedback on this finding. Does it ring a bell
If somebody is interested in the online version of the report (under
Thanks in advance,
Ed Noyons

 Ed Noyons

  PhD Mapping of Science
  Centre for Science and Technology Studies (CWTS)
  Leiden Universitity
  PO Box 9555
  2300 RB Leiden
  The Netherlands