DEEP DYSLEXIA

jvdk jvdk at jvdk.tmfweb.nl
Wed Apr 12 03:10:18 EST 2000

If you're regarding brain damage with reading disorders, then you're
talking about alexia.
Dyslexia is the developmental disorder. Mostly regarded as a out of time
shift of reading in the hemispheres. This balance model (Bakker, Licht et
al.) states
that when children start to read, this will be a right hemispheric task.
When after a
while the process becomes more automated a shift will appear to the left
hemisphere.
This gives way to two major types of dyslexia, the fast and error type and
the slow and spelling type.
Deep dyslexia would be a strong case of one of these forms, but most likely
the slow and spelling
one. It seems somehow the right hemisphere isn't learning the symbols well.
Search for information of the balance model of dyslexia by Bakker I would
say.

Jasper

Marie heeft geschreven in bericht
<05f261be.1936a181 at usw-ex0103-024.remarq.com>...