Anyone read about that electronic eye chip?

Arthur T. Murray uj797 at victoria.tc.ca
Thu Apr 27 14:46:30 EST 2000

NiCODEMiS, yo at yo.com, wrote on Thu, 27 Apr 2000:

> I saw on altavista, some research company in france
> came out with some chip that is far superior to the
> stuff thats currently being used.  I think it's modeled
> after the human retinae. They said when mass produced,
> it's cost would be around $6? Anyone else hear about it?

The Generic Visual Perception Processor (GVPP) chip is one of
the robotic vision resources for which you will find links at
http://www.geocities.com/mentifex/vision.html : PD AI Vision.

--
Forth is the lingua franca of AI, embedded NC and robotics.
For details on Mind.Forth and the public domain AI project,