Anyone read about that electronic eye chip?

Andy andycATzoomDOTcoDOTuk at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Fri Apr 28 02:50:08 EST 2000

"Arthur T. Murray" <uj797 at victoria.tc.ca> wrote in message
news:39088b06 at news.victoria.tc.ca...
> NiCODEMiS, yo at yo.com, wrote on Thu, 27 Apr 2000:
>
> > I saw on altavista, some research company in france
> > came out with some chip that is far superior to the
> > stuff thats currently being used.  I think it's modeled
> > after the human retinae. They said when mass produced,
> > it's cost would be around $6? Anyone else hear about it?
>
> The Generic Visual Perception Processor (GVPP) chip is one of
> the robotic vision resources for which you will find links at
> http://www.geocities.com/mentifex/vision.html : PD AI Vision.

There's also the Mitsubishi Artificial Retina www.meicis.com you can find
interfacing details on my homepage.
BTW: is the GVPP real, or a the figment of someones vivid imagination? It
all seems too good to be try, and some of the tech terms don't ring true
(bips?)

forever the disbeliever...

--
AndyC