Anyone read about that electronic eye chip?

Andy andycATzoomDOTcoDOTuk at
Fri Apr 28 02:50:08 EST 2000

"Arthur T. Murray" <uj797 at> wrote in message
news:39088b06 at
> NiCODEMiS, yo at, wrote on Thu, 27 Apr 2000:
> > I saw on altavista, some research company in france
> > came out with some chip that is far superior to the
> > stuff thats currently being used.  I think it's modeled
> > after the human retinae. They said when mass produced,
> > it's cost would be around $6? Anyone else hear about it?
> The Generic Visual Perception Processor (GVPP) chip is one of
> the robotic vision resources for which you will find links at
> : PD AI Vision.

There's also the Mitsubishi Artificial Retina you can find
interfacing details on my homepage.
BTW: is the GVPP real, or a the figment of someones vivid imagination? It
all seems too good to be try, and some of the tech terms don't ring true

forever the disbeliever...

Home of ACIDE and the AVR Gameboy camera project