Anyone read about that electronic eye chip?

j nospam at null.net
Fri Apr 28 23:55:54 EST 2000

"L.A. Loren" <lloren at mitre.org> wrote:

>I don't think there's a good answer to that question Peter, at least not
>a short one. LISP was certainly one of the earliest and most influential
>AI languages, but then again in the early days of AI, LISP was also one
>of the few existing languages. If I'm not mistaken it was developed by
>an AI researcher (Minsky?) for AI programming

   LISP sucks too ... all those damned levels of parenthesis ...
   nobody but dedicated freaks can keep it straight.

   As far as I'm concerned, FORTH and Lisp were designed
   explicitly to EXCLUDE all but a self-described elite
   from AI issues.

   FORTH is ridiculous ... a left-over from the days when
   memory cost about a dollar per byte. Nobody thinks in
   stacks, nobody sane would WANT to organize programs
   that way unless they HAD TO. Well, nowdays, you don't
   HAVE to. Hell, I would rather program in assembler
   than in FORTH (and do) ....

   -j