Scientists 'locate' intelligence

spider bora99 at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 7 22:47:28 EST 2000

Sergio, certainly our brain functions are not concentrated on a particular
cortical region; however, it would be dull to totally rule out what the
original
poster tells. It is a known fact  that the complex motor control and sensory
array of human brain is distributed in diffirent cortical regions. The blood
flow
on these areas must be very irregular for the different interpretations.
But,
it is still very uncertain how thinking/intelligence occurs in the brain. It
sounds
optimisticly very intuitive if such an area has been discovered and further
researched. Intelligence could be originated from one region after gathering
information from sub-cortical regions.

Sub-cortical regions may be solving most of the routine tasks locally
and do not even send tham to the upper levels of topology. It would be
a traingle shape topology.Such a topology is possible and could
have been formed as a result of evolution. Evolution may be merciless, but
it has choosen efficiency over complexity in most cases. A distributed
intelligence may be what we have, but topological would be more of
an evolutinary path because it is not complex. Please do not compare
human brain with today's technological replicas.

On the other hand, it is my opion that this research has been probably
conducted millions of times. I am not a neuroscientist but it sounds very
obvious to conduct such an illistrative research on brain's blood flow
sampling. If it hasnt been done before, I am very disappointed.

regards,

note: I do not claim that what I am saying above is the result of a
scientific
research. Please let me know your opinions to further discuss this
interesting
subject.

news:39885cd9_4 at news3.prserv.net...