Does this newsgroup practice censorship?

Mark D. Morin mdmpsyd at PETERHOOD69.earthlink.net
Tue Aug 8 04:42:48 EST 2000

Gary Forbis wrote:

> Several articles were exchanged under the subject
> "What the Neocortex Does."  The articles were cossposted to
> both comp.ai.philosophy and bionet.neuroscience.
> Unlike several other threads that have been crossposted to these
> two groups, all of the articles under the given subject have been
> deleted from the bionet.neuroscience and my two contributions
> have been deleted from comp.ai.philosophy as well.  I've reposted
> my last article twice and it has been deleted twice.  I suspect my
> latest repost will be deleted as well.
>
> I don't understand why these articles have been deleted when articles
> such as "Play FREE Lotto Online..." remain.  I don't visit this newsgroup
> very often and my articles wouldn't have appeared here had they not
> been replies to crossposted articles.
>
> I'm sorry for this off topic article but I'd like to understand what is going
> on and why.
>
> Thanks.

Since this isn't a moderated group, I don't know how that censoring process would
take place. You could certainly look for cancels and see if any were issued for
your posts--there may be a bot out there programmed to cancel your posts; I find
that unlikely.

What is more probable is that there is something misconfigured at MSN's end.
MSN's news support would be the first place to look.

mark

The fruit of silence is prayer.
The fruit of prayer is faith.
The fruit of faith is love.
The fruit of love is service.
The fruit of service is peace.
...........................Mother Theresa (1910-1997)

http://members.mint.net/mdmpsyd

for e-mail replies, remove the obvious