Substances affecting hippocampal activity.

Michael Jameson m.jameson at hunterlink.net.au
Wed Aug 16 05:53:42 EST 2000

I'm trying to learn a little about hippocampal activity with respect to
memory. I have some understanding of the role of glucorticosteroids but
do not yet have much information on ACTH, oxytocin or other substances
which I understand might be relevant. Can anyone suggest any web-based
resources where I could begin to learn about the function of various
native substances in memory, specifically in their role within the
hippocampus? It is a challenge  for me to access libraries and
bookstores but if there was one 'best' reference book (or article)
recommended I would be able to get hold of it eventually.

Michael Jameson.