neuroanatomy of personality thru astrology

wetwarenospam at jetson.uh.edu wetwarenospam at jetson.uh.edu
Wed Aug 16 10:43:01 EST 2000

In article <20000815164035.18388.00000135 at ng-fn1.aol.com>,
ashlesha9 at aol.com (Ashlesha 9) wrote:

>> >3. How could the planets have an effect on my brain that could shape
my
> >personality?
>
> I have no answer to that.  But the accuracy that a birth chart has
> suggests (to
> me, at least) that something causal is happening.

I've read several studies based on sidereal astrology that consistently
fail to show validity and therefore are also unreliable. Anectodal
evidence aside, science has failed to support any causal relation
between heavenly bodies and human behavior.

> >4. What is a 'correpondence' in your view?
>
> An analog I guess is a better word.  In this case, like an ' as above, so
> below' type of thing.  Jupiter in the sky and frontal lobe in someone's
> head.

I still miss something about the Jupiter in the sky and the frontal
lobe. Do you mean like gives rise to like?

> It might be foolish to think that it's all so cut -and -dried.  I guess
> another
> question I could ask is if you were convinced of such a connection
> between the
> planets and a person's psychology what might you attribute it to?

Astrologists suggested that gravitational attraction might be an
explanation. The problem with that thinking is (1) no relation has been
established (Until that happens a scientist is obligated in some sense
to NOT proceed.), (2) gravity can be calculated among the planets and my
body (The person sitting next to me as a greater gravitational effect
than the planets.). So, how would a person be convinced of such a
connection? I had my chart done by a competent, certified astrologist,
well trained in California. She said many wonderful things about me (All
true, I might add.), but they are also true about most people I know.

Interesting information! Thanks for you time.

J Lee

--
Remove nospam from address to send me a direct email.