Can a Web site in Cyberspace hypnotize its visitors?

Dan Holdsworth dan-h at supanet.com
Sun Aug 13 17:30:52 EST 2000

On Sun, 13 Aug 2000 15:02:32 GMT, Peter Kwangjun Suk
 <psuk at cincom.com>
was popularly supposed to have said:

>On Sun, 13 Aug 2000 09:56:48 GMT, Mentifex <mentifex at my-deja.com>
>wrote:
>
>[snip]
>>Mentifex here has been called an "ignorant boob" recently
>>on Usenet for not knowing about the DYnamic LANguage Dylan,
>>so once again this post may be a re-tread of common knowledge,
>>but I got's to know, so please make my day:
>[snip]
>
>The mentality of these sorts of posters is just beyond me.  But to his
>credit, the grammar is such that it could not have been produced by a
>simple algorithm.

Might I resepectfully suggest a web search one the keywords "scott pakin
complaint" ?

This will lead you to a program known as "Scott Pakin's Automatic Complaint
letter generator", a rather nice thing which complains voluably, but
meaninglessly about a given name.

Dan Holdsworth PhD   dan-h at supanet.com
By caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, By the beans of Java
do thoughts acquire speed,  hands acquire shaking,  the shaking
becomes a warning, By caffeine alone do I set my mind in motion