neurotransmitter storage (all or one?)

Theophilus Samuels theophilus.samuels at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 25 13:50:21 EST 2000

> > It sounds as though the brain is sorta like a computer that is not based
on
> > binary.
>
> Right.

Surely that is incorrect? The fundamental principle used by computers relies
on 'ON' and 'OFF' events, or in binary form, 1's and 0's. Now consider the
neurons working within the brain. Essentially, all they do is initiate
action potentials that either produce excitatory or inhibitory responses -
1's or 0's. Thus, you can actually say that the brain does indeed work on a
binary system IN principle. The MAIN difference between the binary system
used within a CPU and a brain, is that neurons are capable of firing at
differing rates, i.e. information in the brain is FREQUENCY coded. So to
reiterate, the firing of neurons does indeed use a binary principle to
create, well...., you or I.

  T.L.S.

news:8o55if$nvm$1 at oravannahka.helsinki.fi...