The mitochondrion as a flip-flop memory element in neurons

Andrew Gyles syzygium at
Tue Dec 26 20:02:37 EST 2000

In article <1em5pk4.o6790e18vyni8N%harry at>,
  harry at (Harry Erwin) wrote:

> Yes, the sensitivity of neurons appears to be time and spiking-order
> dependent. In the bat, we have a very nice monotonic inhibitory signal
> that dies down as the time since the call was generated increases.
> --
> Harry Erwin, PhD, <mailto:harry at>,
> Senior Lecturer in Computing at the University of Sunderland,
> Computational Neuroscientist (modeling bat behavior) and
> Senior SW Analyst and Security Engineer.

Are there cases in which a receiving neuron decodes information from
the time intervals between spikes received at a single synapse?

Andrew Gyles

Sent via