Transcranial magnetic stimulator

Mark Morin mmorin at
Wed Feb 2 06:48:52 EST 2000

JoshCahoon wrote:
> I just wanna make sure this is right
>  > It (TMS) can only be used to stimulate the neocortex, and only
> >parts of it that lie within sulci (folds), which make up a rather
> >small fraction of the whole.
> Not the gyri? It seems like the bulges, being closer to the skull would be
> easier to stimulate this way than the fissures.

distance really isn't the operative factor--it's laws of physics
(current passing through an electric field at a vector perpendicular to
that field......).  I need to pull out my physics book for the exact

This simple thing has not been that easy to learn.  It certainly went
everything I had been taught since I was very young.  I thought people
only because they were too timid to speak or did not know the answer.  A
silence often has far more power to heal and connect than most well
intentioned words.
		Rachel Naomi Remen, M.D.
		Kitchen Table Wisdom
Psychology FAQ (a work in progress)  mailto:postmaster at