Hippocampal Function

dag.stenberg at helsinki.nospam.fi dag.stenberg at helsinki.nospam.fi
Sat Jan 1 09:38:53 EST 2000

Brian Scott <brians at eol.ca> wrote:
> Is there a reliable behavioural measure of the action of these drugs
> in an animal depression model?

I do not really think there is, only approximations, but they work well
in drug testing - what works in these "models" usually "works" in
patients.

I'm curious to know if one wipes out the neuronal precursor
> population (using external radiation for example), if this will affect
> the antidepressant action of these drugs in an animal model.

But I am afraid many other things will happen at the same time, mainly
related to cognition and memory.

Dag Stenberg