Memories of Fear

Eric eric at neuron.aftd.com
Mon Jan 3 18:11:04 EST 2000

kenneth collins, claimed:

> Dag Stenberg wrote:
> >
> > Ron Blue wrote:
> > > http://www.usc.edu/ext-relations/news_service/releases/stories/36023.html
> >
> > I looked up the article (Garcia et al., Nature 402:294-296, 1999).
> > I (too) wish to comment just shortly.
> > While it has been known for a long time that the amygdala is involved in
> > fear, the mechanisms of this involvement has mostly been unknown. The
> > anatomy and interconnections of the various nuclei of the amygdala have
> > been mapped in detail less than 10 years ago.
>
> i'm sorry, Dag. all the necessary refs were cited in AoK, and they all
> existed much earlier than 10 years ago.
>
> what was 'lacking' was what's provided in AoK.
>
> all the refs were out-there, as stand-alone papers. before AoK (NDT),
> nobody integrated everything, and so (as is explained in AoK), there was
> an Illusion of there 'not being enough known about the brain'.

If you have such references to papers more than 10 years ago, then
you could post such references.  That way, anyone who is not already
convinced that you are completly off your rocker can check to see
if they really exist or if you are just lying.

Of course, all you do is claim they exist and expect everyone to
take your word on the matter.  Considering the fact that that's all
you do -- make empty claims with no evidence -- it's not very
surprising.  We're still waiting for your answer to the question of
what makes you the world's greatest expert in mathematics, physics,
and neuroscience.  We don't expect an answer to that question since
the claim is entirely bogus.

Eric Johnson
---