Neurogenesis

JoshCahoon joshcahoon at cs.com
Tue Jan 4 18:13:29 EST 2000

I'd like to get a feel for this controversy. Various publications, including
the NYT today, say that findings indicating neurogenesis in humans have long
been resisted by the neuroscientific community, being contrary to dogma. On the
other hand, my professor at the Salk told me their really isn't a controversy.
Is there? Perhaps just over whether new neurons are functional?