Psychiatric Confusion?

kenneth Collins kpaulc at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 5 07:39:19 EST 2000

chriswilk at my-deja.com wrote:

>[...]

> I've been following this thread, and came across a news release
> reporting that an article in PNAS (Reference: Dec. 21, 1999 Proceedings
> of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 96, no. 26 pp. 15239-15244.)
> implicated BDNF as (one of?) the signals linking behavior/emotions to
> seroton levels. BDNF knockdown mice had damaged serotonin systems, and
> displayed behaviors similar to those seen in bulemia, as well as
> increased aggression and impulsivity.

forgive me, please.

it requires a bit of study to see it, but that alteration of neural
dynamics can be induced via external manipulations does not Necessarily
say anything about the functionality of the non-altered neural
functioning, especially when the external manipulations are 'genetic'.

the study that's required is with respect to the way that behavioral
dynamics, such as those you point out, can be induced experientially.

since supposedly 'abnormal' behavioral dynamics can, in fact, be induced
experientially =regardless= of what organically-'normal' nervous system
is involved, exposes that 'treatment' that proposes to 'fix' this or
that supposedly 'abnormal' is actually disrupting 'normal' neural
information-processing dynamics.

that such 'treatment' is 'proposed' as being 'valid' has everything to
do with "researcher's" being 'blinded' to the actuality of their Science
by their 'seeking to profit' from folks' Misery.

anyone who 'doubts' need only study the way that supposedly 'abnormal'
behavioral dynamics can, in fact, be induced experientially =regardless=
of what organically-'normal' nervous system is involved.

the 'profit seekers' are Oblivious to all of such. (how such "psychic
'blindness'" occurs is explicated in AoK, in Ap7 in particular (but
everything that's discussed in AoK, and the refs cited in AoK, is
necessary).)

K. P. Collins