Neurogenesis

chriswilk at my-deja.com chriswilk at my-deja.com
Thu Jan 6 08:40:06 EST 2000

In article <20000105095843.02570.00000614 at ng-fr1.news.cs.com>,
  joshcahoon at cs.com (JoshCahoon) wrote:
> Thanks to all who responded. I was hoping for a little more
skepticism from
> some one. I guess the media just like a good controversy.

I think there used to be more of a controversy than there is
currently . The media caught on to the confirmation of the findings
that there is (at least the potential for) neural regeneration in
humans. One of the clinical applications being researched is the use of
autologus stem cell donation for spinal cord regeneration. Cedars Sinai
in LA has begun the work- though I don't know if they've published
results. I heard about it in a presentation by a lab at my university
that is working with SCI and would like to combine stem cell
transplantation with a couple of other techniques they've been using.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.