Postdoc: NEUROBIOLOGY OF LEARNING AND MEMORY

Sandra Pena spena at upracd.upr.clu.edu
Thu Jan 6 21:40:21 EST 2000

********************************
POSTDOCTORAL POSITION IN NEUROBIOLOGY OF LEARNING AND MEMORY

We have established a collaboration with Alcino Silva (UCLA) to study

the molecular basis of long-term memory impairment in CREB mutant mice.

The laboratory in general studies gene expression in wild type, mutant,

and antisense treated rodents.  We are using the cDNA approach to

establish gene expression profiles for learning and memory.  The postdoc

will work in a project intending to define the gene expression

abnormalities in CREB mutant mice.  The project will involve strong

interactions with Alcino Silva's group and visits to his laboratory to

learn electrophysiological, automated fear conditioning, and transgenic

mouse approaches.    The molecular biology and biocomputational analyses

will be done at the University of Puerto Rico.  In addition, we are

using a spatial discrimination learning paradigm and conditioned taste

aversion as behavioral tools at the University of Puerto Rico.

The position is available immediately.  Please send (e-mail or fax) your

CV and the names and telephone numbers of three references.

Sandra Pena de Ortiz, Ph.D.

Department of Biology

University of Puerto Rico

P.O. Box 23360