Neurogenesis & global neural plasticity via topologically-distributed activation-dependence

kenneth Collins kpaulc at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 7 21:22:00 EST 2000

the dynamics that're transpiring are so Sorrow-filled.

'knees-jerking' all over the place.

kenneth Collins wrote:

>[...]

> there's no 'mystery' here. it's all an interaction of body-orientation
> =mechanics= with neural-activation dynamics. where the energy-flow that
> is what's been referred to as 'gravity' comes into play is via the
> stereotypically-repetitive =mechanics= that 'gravity' imposes on bodily
> motion, including orientation.
>
> when one walks, for instance, one's arms 'hover' around the position
> that's least energy consuming with respect to 'gravity', so the
> correlated neural trophic dynamics 'hover' around the correlated
> least-action (TD E/I-minimized) 'state.
>
> the same occurs in-utero be-cause 'gravity' always acts toward the
> center of Earth, so even though a fetus has 'freedom' to to orient
> within the birth fluid, the early effector activations are all subjected
> to "gravity'" single force vector. this means that, despite fetal
> orientation in the womb,

=given= the "special topological homeomorphism" of the nervous system
(AoK, 'short paper')

>effector activations that oppose 'gravity' will
> be qualitatively-'opposite' effector activations that 'go-with'
> 'gravity'.

within the "special topological homeomorphism" of the nervous system.

> such yields the same 'centering' dynamics that were discussed
> previously, and precipitate the same 'hovering' of neural activation
> 'states' that result in the development of 'cortical columnar'
> structure.

everything was Verified decades ago.

when a developing fetus is 'free' to orient in the womb this way and
that, how can there be anything that's the 'opposite' of anything else
with respect to 'gravity'?

be-cause of the "special topological homeomorphism" of the nervous
system, which has been described in AoK all along, and with respect to
which all of the neural-activation dynamics, and the
activation-dependent trophic dynamics that are rigorously-coupled to
them, are rigorously topologically-ordered.

K. P. Collins