Free Pictures of Your Brain!!!

JKK JKK_no_spam_ at princeton.edu
Tue Jan 11 14:41:18 EST 2000

In article <3873610A.445D3D8F at sas.upenn.edu>, Edward Justin Modestino
<ejmodest at sas.upenn.edu> wrote:

> Participants are needed for a studies conducted by the Dept. of Neurology
> at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (Children's Hospital
> of Philadelphia and the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania) using a
> Functional MRI to investigate the areas of the brain that process visual
> information.  College age individuals (persons over age 10) are eligible.
> Minorities are encouraged to apply.  Participants will watch images
> projected onto a screen, which they will view from inside the scanner. The
> MRI is completely safe, painless, non-invasive (no needles), and can be
> repeated without harm (unlike x-rays).  The study takes approximately one
> hour to complete.  Each participants will receive a pict file, via email,
> with 16 images of their brain.  For those interested in research, this is a
> chance to participate in a study.  Participants must be able to travel to
> the Philadelphia area on their own, weigh under 225 lbs., have vision
> correctable to 20/20 and not be colorblind.
> For information, contact Ed Modestino.
> email: ejmodest at sas.upenn.edu

Just curious. How well does this do for you in recruiting?

Are you using the 4-Tesla magnet, or one of the clinical ones?

Jim Kroger
Dept. of Psychology
Princeton University

------
If you respond to this message/mail, please include (enough
of) the text of my message so I will remember the context.
Thanks.