Neuron-glia interaction

John E Anderson jander at unf.edu
Tue Jan 11 19:38:44 EST 2000

kenneth Collins wrote:

> there is an electron-microscopy Tour de Force article in _Natur
> Neuroscience_, v2 n2, Feb., 1999, p139, "Microdomains for neuron-glia
> interaction: parallel fiber signalling to Bergmann glial cells", by J.
> Grosche, et. al.
>
> although it deals with cerebellar fx, the stuff of this article Confirms
> NDT's glia hypothesis, as it's briefly discussed in AoK, and which dates
> from the mid 1970s.

OK, Ken.  How about posting the relevant excerpt of AoK which this
publication confirms.  Then those of us with a copy of AoK can check to
make sure that it's really there.

> what imbues all of this with functionality is it's globally-rigorous
> coupling with the 'special topological homeomorphism' of the nervous
> system (see AoK), which is, in turn, rigorously-coupled with the

Again, quote the relevant excerpt.  Not everybody has a copy of AoK.  Of
course, it would be easier if it were posted on the web...

In another post, ken collins writes:
> this Briefing =really= Needs to occur.
>
> K. P. Collins
>
> kenneth Collins wrote:
> >
> > Mr. President:
> >
> > I ask that I be brought in to give a briefing to National Security
> > Analysts.

Honestly, Ken!  This REALLY damages your credibility, such as remains of
it on this newsgroup.

John
--
John E Anderson