Funtional Neuroimaging and Theories of Cognitive Dynamics

Harm-Jan Wieringa wieringa at compuserve.com
Thu Jan 20 09:44:09 EST 2000

Workshop on:
Funtional Neuroimaging and Theories of Cognitive Dynamics

As a scientific "kick-off" to the New Millennium, Neuro Scan Labs and Duke
University's prestigious Center for Cognitive Neuroscience are pleased to
announce a Workshop on Functional Neuroimaging and Theories of Cognitive
Dynamics.  The workshop will be held on March 17, 18 and 19th, 2000 at the
Levine Science Research Center on Duke University's campus in Durham, North
Carolina.

There are four major themes being highlighted in our overall program;

·Frameworks for constructing macroscopic brain theories

·Imaging cognition with fMRI and ERP's: Are we there yet?

·Measuring and modeling evoked/induced neurodynamics

·Psychiatric neuroimaging: focus on schizophrenia.

As with our previous workshops, each of these presentations will be followed
by intensive discussion.  Further informal discussion opportunities will
continue throughout the weekend along with the ability to achieve "hands-on"
experience and interaction with the speakers.  We have also added an
informal poster session to the program which everyone is encouraged to
participate in.

Poster Presentation:
If you want to present a poster, please indicate so on the registration form
below, or contact loustaunau at neuro.com  We will send you then further
information (size etc.). A list of the posters will be made available at the
workshop and on this webpage later.

Since all work makes for a hard weekend and since that Friday is also St.
Patrick's Day, we hope you will also join us for an evening of live and
lively Celtic music at the Washington Duke Inn at 7:30 on Friday night,
March 17th.

Sunday's program will feature a high density EEG recording demonstration
along with a demonstration of source localization methods and more
opportunity for review of the posters.

We look forward to seeing you in Durham, March 17, 18 and 19th for exciting
discussions and exploration of Functional Neuroimaging and Theories of
Cognitive Dynamics.

For more information and registration, go to:
http://www.neuro.com/neuroscan/workshop.htm