Where I can find antibody for AAT

dag.stenberg at helsinki.nospam.fi dag.stenberg at helsinki.nospam.fi
Sat Jan 22 12:30:52 EST 2000

remini2 <remini2 at earthlink.net> wrote:
>    I am a graduate student in Cal Poly Pomona. In my research, I want to
> label the enzyme aspartate aminotransferase (AAT) that catalyzes the
> production of glutamic acid in rat hippocampus, cerebellum, and retina.
> However, my advisor professor and I can't find the antibody for AAT. We
> searched Sigma, Fisher Scientific and VWR, but nobody sold AAT antibody. If
> you guys know where I can find the antibody, please inform me. Thank you!

I do not know about this particular antibody, but in general, the thing
to do if one cannot find a commercial source (and sometimes even then,
because some of the commercial antibodies do not work) is to approach a
scientist who has recently published work with this antibody. I would
browse the PubMed (Medline) or try the index of the last Society for
Neuroscience Abstracts volume. Normally, your professor would also know
a scientist who does this particular research and approach him. People
do send colleagues antibody without commercial interest.

Dag Stenberg