Did this Insurance Dr. Do Wrong? Please help.

Paul Mathot pmathot at pnc.com.au
Mon Jan 24 07:22:49 EST 2000

Can anyone tell me what is normal procedure for a insurance Dr. (G.P. only)
when he does the prick test on my friend that suffered a back injury and has
a disc herniation at L5/S1. She has progressively got worse over the last
year and the last few months has numbness in both feet, left is worse than
right. Today, she came back with puncture marks on both legs below the knees
and in the arches of her feet. Upon asking her what he did, she said she
laid back with her eyes to ceiling but her daughter saw him gently start
prodding a bulletin board pin into her calves that he got out of his
stationary draw and used without sterilizing it first. When she didn't
react, he progressively pushed the pin in harder and harder making her
bleed. He said, "Oh, your bleeding, have you been taking aspirin?" she
hadn't. She now has at least a dozen or more pucture wounds on both legs. I
thought no Dr. was allowed to penetrate causing bleeding once, let alone
multiple times! Especially when they are not your normal Dr. Can anyone
please advise the legal consequences? Thank you in advance. Paul.