NEURON CULTURES ON COVERSLIPS???

Christian W. melvin at gmx.de
Mon Jan 24 16:09:17 EST 2000

Martin Weber <martin.weber at urz.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:

> Gotta grow embryonic neurons on coverslips for fluorescence microscopy
> experiments with fura-2 or fluo3.
>
> Problems:
>
> 1) Neurons don't grow very well on (poly-l-ornithine coated) GLASS
> coverslips.
>
> 2) Some (all???) PLASTIC coverslips show autofluorescence which can
> confuse the fluorescence measurements.

I'm growing embryonic chick-neurons for a project at university and
we're using plastic-plates with four 80 µl wells. After coating them
with p-orn we do a second coating with laminin for at least two hours.
After doing the immunocytochemistry we simply break of the rim of the
plate and...presto. Works great!

bye, Chris
--
Christian Wilms (cwilms at stud.uni-frankfurt.de)