Need help on Mouse testing

SA noone at nowhere.net
Tue Jan 25 03:11:36 EST 2000

In article <20000109152701.19673.00001290 at ng-fl1.news.cs.com>,
donnawilcock at cs.com (DONNAWILCOCK) wrote:

> There is no way of determining the food intake of each mouse without
> separating
> them into individual cages. I am a research technician in a laboratory
> and have
> worked a lot with mice.
>
> As far as I know the radial arm maze seems suitable, however, I do not
> have a
> lot of experience with behaviour testing.
>
> Sorry I can't be of any more help, any more questions please e-mail me

Sorry can you repeat the question, I didn't see it originally. Radial
maze testing in mice can be particularly challenging.  In fact, any
situatoin where you need to food dep mice can be problematic; they do
not tolerate food dep as well as rats, they are much more finicky about
what they will eat (many won't each sucrose pellets for example), and
when they do eat them, they can't eat very many of them so they need ot
be very small. But what was the original question.