Science in the News

kenneth Collins kpaulc at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 26 04:24:38 EST 2000

kenneth Collins wrote:

> the 1Jan & 8Jan, 2000 issues of _Science News_ are =loaded= with
> Excellent Stuff, and i encourage folks to check them out.
>
> perhaps i'll comment on their contents at a later date, but, just-now,
> i've got my hands-full with the task of holding together my 'heart'.
>
> i'll comment, here, on one article that embraces what's True, "Ishi's
> Long Road Home; A California Indian's preserved brain accentuates his
> tragic, mysterious life", by B. Bower, _Science News_, 8Jan2000, p24.
>
> http://www.sciencenews.org/20000108/bob1.asp
>
> _Science News_ is such a Woderful source because it's read by so many
> Young Folks, and i Encourage my Colleagues in Science to be in contact
> with folks at _SN_ with respect to the work that they do, so that Young
> Folks can receive the Benefit of insights into their work that, through
> its ongoing contacts with Researchers, _SN_ works to provide.

to those who might be 'wondering', i'll reiterate that, since _Science
News_ only publishes reports on what's been published elsewhere, and since
none of my work has been published, it's =impossible= for me to gain
anything from 'celebrating' the work that _Science News_ does (except that,
since i read _Science News_, if more folks get their work into its pages,
i'll have ready access to their work, which'd be something that i'd 'gain',
but so would everyone else who reads _Science News_).

my general approach is to 'celebrate' good Work whenever and wherever i
encounter it, just because good Work is worth 'celebrating'.

guess i'm "ab-'normal'" in this way, but i see such as being coupled to
Obligation with respect to 'criticism'.

K. P. Collins