postdoc. position

kenneth Collins kpaulc at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 26 04:10:55 EST 2000

there was correlated stuff presented on the PBS _Scientific American..._
show tonight (last night; 25Jan2000). i didn't record the segment, so i
can't provide details, but it had to do with limitations with respect to
the number of times a cell can divide.

the segment talked of extending life by defeating this mechanism.

be careful, here, because one obvious reason for having a limit on the
number of times a cell can divide is the propensity for 'weary' cells to
become increasingly susceptible to mutation.

other correlated thing: it was in the news, recently, that 'patents' have
been recently applied for with respect to the "Dolly stuff".

'profit'-seekers... sheeshe!

K. P. Collins