A challenge for Ken...Re: AoK...Re: Science in the News

kenneth Collins kpaulc at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 27 18:50:34 EST 2000

except for posting the diagrams, i did everything you cite (quoted below) in 1975-6.

if you've been monitoring the discussions, and if you've the understanding you claim, you must
know that i've also done everything you cite (quoted below), except post the diagrams, right
here in B.N, along with repeatedly offering to present everything in-person.

but, after posting my prior reply to you, i realized that, although, in accord with
'traditional stadards, it was 'appropriate' for me to do so, i gave your 'challenge' short
shrift.

it's 'late in the game'. as i've previously stated, my contract with my ISP is drawing to a
close. i've, therefore, only a little 'time' left. besides this, because it's been so cold
here in New England, i've had to use more heating fuel than i'd expected, that's impacted my
expenses, so i'd decided that i had to 'quit' smoking, which always transforms me into a
'grizzly bear' for at least the first week.

then you come and post a msg that's totally 'ignorant' of the pre-NDT and 'post'-NDT 'states'
of Neuroscience, and then 'challenge' me to state that which entire research programs in ALS
and Huntington's have not yet accomplished.

all of this is flat-out absurd, and it 'hurts-likehell' that you've 'imposed' such upon me.

but while out to purchase the day's news, i called myself to task. i know that if i have a
look at refs discussing ALS and Huntington's, i will be able to contribute stuff that will
advance the understanding with respect to both diseases, so i decided that i must do so,
bought a pack of cigarettes, and will spend the evening looking through the refs i've got on
hand for clues that i can work with.

for the record, the problem i've worked on is all aspects of the functioning of ='normal'=,
organicically-intact nervous systems. of course,  i've studied lesion experiments. but i've
never studied disease processes because, since there are long-standing research efforts
devoted to the study of such disease processes, studying them didn't fit into my strategy of
'looking-elsewhere'.

for the record, the 45 minutes i spent looking into Alzheimers, the other night, is the only
'time' i've spent doing so. other than that, i've caught some TV reports, and, as i discussed,
have gained some insights into good approaches to generalized aging through my efforts to
nurture my Father's well-being. (my Father is as lucid and as active as a 50 year old man, and
i work to 'goose' him as much as i can so that he'll have reason to maintain his interest in
Life.)

for the record, all i know about ALS is that i wept when viewing Lou Gherig's 'good-bye' at
Yankee Stadium, and that Stephen Hawking also suffers the disease. while i was reading re
Alzheimers the other night, i learned that ALS impacts peripheral nerve myelination. that's
all i presently know re. ALS.

for the record, i know nothing re. Huntington's except that it involves choreoform movement
'abnormalities'. in the long-former past, i saw a possible 'correlation' to the sub-thalamic
basal ganglia deficits that underpin hemi-ballism. whether or not this possible 'correlation'
is actually anything is something i've never pursued. that is all i know about Huntington's.

Austin P. So (Hae-Jin) wrote:

> Manipulate you to my own ends? Please...you do flatter yourself unnecessarily don't you?

if you're at a 'biotech' lab, if i give you 'critical' factors re. ALS & Huntington's, you and
your lab stand to gain.

i presume that you are here 'being a Jackass' with the express purpose of 'weasling' with
respect to such 'profit'-seeking stuff.

after all, you've shown up in an extremely-'time'-correlated way with respect to my having
just done the exactly-correlated thing with respect to Alzheimer's.

and, in light of the fact that everything i've done has been done in a self-funded way, and in
light of the fact that you've 'come-on' in a way calculated to superficially-'trash' the
fruits of my having given of myself for 29+ years, your intent is Obvious.

but, in the end, i realized that if i can advance knowledge re. ALS & Huntington's, then i've
Obligation, with respect to such, that transcends your 'profit'-seeking.

i expect i can, so I've the Obligation to do so, and will, at least, explore a bit in the refs
i've at hand.

> If you are so confident about the validity of your AoK, then even a small application will
> suffice.

_AoK_ is just a brief introduction to Neuroscientific Duality Theory. it only casually
addresses Tapered Harmony. NDT & TH are huge.

K. P. Collins