Growing dendrites

Theophilus Samuels theophilus.samuels at
Sun Jul 2 10:23:38 EST 2000

See articles on 'Long-term potentiation' for the supposed role of NO as a
retrograde messenger in Hebbian responses (synaptic strengthening). As for
its role in dendritic sprouting, I've haven't as yet come across any
evidence for it. Note: 'nerve growth factor' belongs to a class of trophic
factors known as NEUROTROPHINS and also includes neurotrophin 3/4 and
neurotrophin 5, in man. Thus, if it IS true(???), NO acts as a neurotrophin.

news:20000630031043.06267.00001789 at