Christian cffeld at gmx.de
Tue Jul 25 03:27:11 EST 2000

x-no-archive: yes

Richard Vickery schrieb:

> Well, yes there are different NMDA receptor sub-types, and their
> distribution does vary with developmental age and brain
> location.  As to what sort of NMDA receptors are present in the
> cochlea I can't help you.  Why do you want to know?

Thank you for your reply. To my knowledge, NMDA-receptors-antagonists
are believed to have a great potential for the treatment of inner ear
diseases such as tinnitus. However, as it seems, the danger of
side-effects limit their use. I'm therefore interested if it would
theoretically be possible to develop NMDA-receptor-antagonists which
only work in the cochlea - it's just an idea that came up in my mind
and I'm not sure if there is any realistic chance that it could work
some day.