Working Memory

John H. johnhkm at netsprintXXXX.net.au
Mon Jun 12 05:17:51 EST 2000

[[12/06/00 15:37

I have been reading a bit about working memory lately but I still haven't
found a formal definition of the same. From what I can gather working memory
is defined as the ability to hold a number of elements simultaneously as
elements for attention. I wonder about this simultaneous bit, but can anyone
help me here? Is working memory solely regarded as that which can be held
simultaneously, or does the concept allow consideration for movements into
and our working memory over given time spans?

Does a formal definition exist? If so, where can I find it?

John H.
Remove 4x