what is a thought ??

c_thomas_wild at my-deja.com c_thomas_wild at my-deja.com
Wed Mar 1 12:19:36 EST 2000

In article <88nldd$ku2$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,
  ashwin kelkar <ashwin_k18 at my-deja.com> wrote:
> how do we define a thought ??
> i know how a stimulus might be defined, when it is recieved by the
> appropriate part in the neocoretx it is interpreted and that
electrical
> activity pattern can be called a stimulus. but then how do we define a
> thought as it just cannot be defined as a pattern of electircal
activity
> as i think no two thoughts may originate in the same way and in the
same
> place of the brain. I am basing this on the fact that no two thoughts
in
> the mind are exactly identical. there are many things which differ
> about the same thought about the same thing. Then what is a thought ?
> should they be called as a pattern of connectivity rather than a
pattern
> of activity ?
> Ashwin

A thought can be defined as an electro-chemical event in my view.  In
terms of everyday activities, the following resources can offer some
insights into human thoughts:  How to Win Friends and Influence People
by Dale Carnegie and Think and Grow Rich by N. Hill (who wrote that
thoughts are things).  From a neurological point-of-view, insights can
be gained from neurological conditions such as the Epilepsy syndrome,
the ADHD syndrome, Parkinson's syndrome, Tourette's syndrome and other
conditions.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.