mobile phone

dag.stenberg at helsinki.nospam.fi dag.stenberg at helsinki.nospam.fi
Thu Mar 2 10:30:07 EST 2000

Mobile phone decreased processing time in tasks requiring attentional
functions of the prefrontal cortex (but not in semantic functions
related to the temporal cortex). The reduction was bigger than could be
explained by faster axonal conduction, som it should be synaptic
(glutamate??). Possibilities include the effect of raised temperature
(the known microwave energy from this mobile phone with 0.25 W mean,
2 W peak energy output  was assumed to raise brain temperature by
0.11 Centigrade in 15 min), and indirect effect via heat shock protein.
  This was reported by Koivisto et al., Neuroreport 11:413-415, 2000.

Now my question is - where can I find data about the transmitted energy
of different mobile phone models? Conventional GSM phones transmit
energy to the brain in a magnitude of 0.3-0.44 W/kg.

Dag Stenberg