Dizzyness and unsteadyness

Nick Medford nick at hermit0.demon.co.uk
Fri Mar 3 18:38:17 EST 2000

In article <uxh#vkVh$GA.220 at cpmsnbbsa05>, Wayne <wayne-
pierce at msn.com> writes
>If I were a doctor, rather than come to this quick diagnoses I would try to
>rule out possible causes. I would then tell my patient what it was not.
>After aggressively ruling out possible causes, I would get around to
>exploring the possibility of stress.

Exactly. So you agree that physical symptoms MAY have a psychological
cause. So why say "don't let anyone tell you it is just stress or emotions"?
Because it could be. Note: I'm not saying it is or isn't. I'm just saying it
could be. Hardly a big claim.

Of course I don't for one moment suggest that a psychological/psychiatric
diagnosis should be made without appropriate investigations to exclude other
possible causes.

> In my experience, doctors are so
>anxious to attribute everything to stress that they are all stressed out.
>The stress diagnoses is so easy, can't be disproved, for we all suffer
>stress, and takes no effort on their part. It also pays very well--about $80
>for 10 minutes.

I wouldn't know about that. I work in the UK's ailing National Health
Service. Trust me, no one does that for the money.
--
Nick Medford