Cortisol link to depression

jon_psych at jon_psych at
Sat Mar 4 01:14:38 EST 2000

Hello everyone,

my name is Jon and I am a psychophysiological researcher from
Melbourne, Australia. My current project is looking at the link between
unipolar depression and abnormal cortisol secretion from the adrenal
cortex during the evening.

This perspective seems to have been lost underneath the interest in the
monamine (serotonin, noradrenalin) hypothesis, although it may be
important for a sub-group of people with depression who can't fall
asleep at night or suffer from early morning awakenings.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this area or know someone who has an
interest in neuroendocrine pathology?

I can be contacted at jon_psych at

Best regards,

Sent via