neuroscience: yes or no?

Kyle Hagen khagen at flash.net
Wed Mar 15 22:56:44 EST 2000

I also agree with Mark Morin's statement.  I am a good example.  I had
decent but not stellar GRE's, a 2.9 GPA from a good school, and tons of
great experience.   I had a choice of places, ended up studying exactly what
I wanted to and since I started the program, it became one of the best in
the nation.  Now, I have the PhD too.  PhD students make up a wide range of
people...its not your grades, but your ideas, motivation, persistence, and
love for science.   And boy, you have to love it to make it all the way
through.

why cognitive neuroscience... geez!    (kidding)

Behavioral Neuroscientist

Russ Gibson <rgibson at netdoor.com> wrote in message
news:aOWz4.4915$511.1398430 at tw11.nn.bcandid.com...
> Hi there.. I'm about to receive my B.S. in physics, and I have a strong
> interest in pursuing a Ph.D. in cognitive neuroscience. Fortunately, my
GREs
> are excellent, and I have done research for several great professors who
are
> willing to give me stellar recommendations. Unfortunately, I have a 2.5
GPA