neuroscience: yes or no?

Richard Norman rsnorman at mediaone.net
Thu Mar 16 00:20:22 EST 2000

It also depends on what your actual grades look like.
The reasons you indicate will show very clearly in the transcript --
    early grades poor, recent ones fine = a while to get on-track
    grades in one area poor, grades in later major fine = change of major
    grades plummet one term, then pick up afterwards = major personal
situation

Are your grades in the appropriate science and math courses good?

It can also help if you of your recommenders writes frankly about your
grades
and indicates why they really don't indicate your true worth.

Given those situations you shouldn't worry about the GPA and go for what you
think is right for you!

Russ Gibson <rgibson at netdoor.com> wrote in message
news:aOWz4.4915$511.1398430 at tw11.nn.bcandid.com...
> Hi there.. I'm about to receive my B.S. in physics, and I have a strong
> interest in pursuing a Ph.D. in cognitive neuroscience. Fortunately, my
GREs
> are excellent, and I have done research for several great professors who
are
> willing to give me stellar recommendations. Unfortunately, I have a 2.5
GPA