Cerebro-Spinal -Liquid

Nicole Klapka klapka at uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Mar 23 08:50:46 EST 2000

hi,

the artificial cerebro spinal fluid is made of
124 mM NaCl, 1.25 mM NaH2PO4, 1.8 mM MgSO4, 1.6 mM CaCl2, 3 mM KCl, 26 mM
NaHCO3, and 10 mM glucose
this resembles the natural csf.
Of course, changing the glucose concentration changes the osmolarity of the
fluid and has therefore various effect on the nerves and glia cells in the
brain.

hope could help you,
nicole