hippocampus function

Bill Skaggs skaggs at bns.pitt.edu
Sun Mar 26 18:05:19 EST 2000

LAURA <lauraritchie79NOlaSPAM at hotmail.com.invalid> writes:

> Can anyone help? I am looking for a publication which neatly
> condenses and summarizes the hippocampal functions into
> "nice" manageable chunks. I am studying for my psychology
> degree and any aid would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks!!!

Although I disagree with some of its claims, the book by Cohen and
Eichenbaum is probably what would come closest to meeting your needs.
Reference:

  author = 	 "N. J. Cohen and H. Eichenbaum",
  title = 	 "Memory, Amnesia, and the Hippocampal System",
  publisher = 	 "MIT Press",
  year = 	 1993,
  address =	 "Cambridge, MA"

For a somewhat dated but still very relevant alternative point of
view, you could also take a look at:

  author = 	 "J. O'Keefe and L. Nadel",
  title = 	 "The Hippocampus as a Cognitive Map",
  publisher = 	 "Clarendon Press",
  year = 	 1978,
  address =	 "Oxford"

	-- Bill