Effect of coffein

Jure Sah jure.sah at guest.arnes.si
Thu May 18 07:12:05 EST 2000

dag.stenberg at helsinki.nospam.fi wrote:

> Jure Sah <jure.sah at guest.arnes.si> wrote:
> > What is the effect of cofein on neuro systems?
>
> In reasonable doses it blocks adenosine receptors, and adenosine is
> a substance that is endogenous (the brain produces it) and will
> inhibt neuronal activity. Caffeine will thus allow adenosine to
> inhibit neuronal function.

Is there any difference if someone drinks coffee in the early morning
when the adenosine levels are low or if he drinks it later (just before
going to work or at work) when the adenosine levels are higher? I would
also like to ask does therefore coffee also effect us when we are doing
physical work. Is it better or worse?