Standards in Artificial Intelligence

Aaron R. Kulkis akulkis at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 2 10:01:42 EST 2000

Jerry Freedman Jr wrote:

> > Other than Neural Net computing, Artificial Intelligence is a bunch
> of bullshit.
> >
> > Hope that helps.
> >

> At the risk of starting a flame war ( hell, I was snubbed, insulted,
> treated as an uncultured boor by enough AI investigators in the 80's)
> How did that BS last as long as it did?

The name triggers the imagination....especially in people who are very
intelligent themselves.  The problem is, the reality is only about
0.0001% of the implied goal.

I think it's summed up best by the sage observation:
"Hueristic methods don't work...if they did, they would be called ALGORITHMS"

--
Aaron R. Kulkis
Unix Systems Engineer

http://directedfire.com/greatgungiveaway/directedfire.referrer.fcgi?2632