Standards in Artificial Intelligence

Lars Poulsen lars at cmc.com
Fri Nov 3 01:01:15 EST 2000

"Keith R. Williams" wrote:
> Del is exactly right.  Apollo program was an engineering marvel
> (as is the Shuttle today, though in a vastly different way).
> Apollo was also a political marvel.  The technological fallout
> was enromous and affects us every way, to this day.  It couldn't
> happen today, sad to say.

Of course it could be done today. And enough time has passed that
it may be worth doing again, just because many of the problems
will have different solutions today. If we put as much creativety
into doing it as we did the last time, it will likely have as
many spin-offs again.
/ Lars Poulsen    -    http://www.cmc.com/lars     -  lars at cmc.com
  125 South Ontare Road, Santa Barbara, CA 93105 - +1-805-569-5277