sedative or anxiolytic

Xiang Shi shixiang at
Tue Nov 7 10:26:42 EST 2000

  I am a graduate student in Peking University,P.R.china. It is my first to be here.
I find it a quite good place for me as I can learn and discuss some probelms with you all.
wish you good luck with your research work.
I am now reading a papar about GABA receptor, I met with two word : sedative and anxiloytic.
I am not sure the exact differece between them,hope someone can help me.
Another thing, if you work is related to GABA receptor,
could you inform me some classic papers and experiments or books.
Thanks very much.