Rods or Cones?

mike mike-anderson at nwu.edu
Mon Nov 13 00:40:38 EST 2000

Cones in the retina are responsible for our color vision i believe.  Rods
allow us to perceive black and white.  Intuitively i would think that we
have much more cones than rods in our eyes, however, in many diagrams i
have seen there are more rods present, is this just a coincidence or are
there more rods than cones?

Rods allow our night vision, however we see much better in daylight, so if
rods are more plentiful than cones do they also contribute to our
processing visual information during the day?

TIA
-mike

--
mike
When you decide that your life is a lie, its alright...