Maximum brain activity on evening : why ?

c_thomas_wild at c_thomas_wild at
Sun Oct 1 18:56:13 EST 2000

If one looks at a large enough sample, the question you ask will be
answered differently by different people:  what time are they at their
peak of mental alertness?  For some people, 5 PM to midnight is their
peak attention time vs others where their peak attention time may be
from 5 AM to noon.  Different people tend to be night people, graveyard
shift people, morning people, and afternoon people.  There's an
enormous variability within the human species.
Here's a resource which touches upon the idea of adenosine and sleep:

In article <8qgefp$qbr$1 at>,
  "Neuro" <Neuro at> wrote:
> I want to know why brain only starts working properly from 5-6 PM to
> Midnight for some people, and why their attention level is very low
all the
> day before.
> Has anybody an explanation ? What's published on the topics ?
> Thanks

Sent via
Before you buy.